Commercial and homemade CBD body scrubs promise a variety of health benefits for the skin. Without frequent exfoliation, germs, dirt, grime, debris, and microorganism pile on the skin, increasing the risk of acne, blemishes, and inflammation.
Scrubbing the face and body reduces the signs of aging and the effects of stress, depression, and anxiety on the skin.
Your body sheds naturally through a process known as desquamation, but as you get older or due to environmental changes, the cycle can be disrupted, resulting in dull skin. Consequently, it is necessary to exfoliate regularly if you want smooth, young-looking skin, even in your elder years.
- Avoid using chemical and mechanical exfoliators on the same day.
- Exfoliate using the tips of your fingers to avoid applying excessive pressure.
Why use CBD sugar scrubs?
CBD sugar scrubs are gentle on the skin, and CBD is an anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antioxidant, meaning it holds some benefits for the skin.
What is the benefit of using sugar scrub?
Not cleaning your skin properly or too often enough can trigger a condition known as dermatitis neglecta. Often confused with acne, dermatitis neglacta causes scaly-looking skin, sensitivity, and unhealthy-looking skin.
Washing and exfoliating skin regularly is beneficial in that it prevents the buildup of:
- Sweat and moisture. Medical studies show that having too much moisture or sweat on the skin for an extended period increases the risk of fungal and bacterial infection.
- Clogged pores. Your body produces oil. The function of oil secretion is to protect the skin from friction, moisture, inflammation, and bacteria. However, too much oil on the skin clogs pores, increasing the risk of infection.
- Environmental irritants. Smoke, pollution, dirt, and other environmental particles build up on the skin, causing irritation, infection, and discomfort.
- Microorganisms. Your skin is home to fungi, viruses, bacteria, and other microorganisms. Not all of them are harmful, but a lack of proper skin care, including exfoliation, can lead to problems.
- Dead skin cells. Skin cells die, leaving debris that piles on the skin. For skin to remain healthy, smooth, and young looking, you must shed the upper layer regularly through exfoliation.
CBD scrubs for glowing skin: How can I make my skin glow using cannabidiol?
For skin to glow, it has to be evenly textured, moisturized, and not dull looking.
To that end, dermatologists recommend a blend of products and actions designed to tighten, moisturize, and improve skin health. You can incorporate CBD oil at any stage.
What you need to do is:
- Cleanse the skin twice per day. According to experts, it is necessary to cleanse one’s face at least twice a day. The idea is to remove impurities, makeup, sweat, and buildup, that make skin look dull and unhealthy. You may use water, CBD cleansers, or a cleanser of your choice. Just make sure that what you use is gentle on the skin and suitable for your skin type.
- Exfoliate the skin twice per week. Exfoliation is great for the skin, but should not be done excessively. Excessive or aggressive exfoliation can weaken the skin, cause it to break, and create the risk of infection or breakout. If you have oily skin, you may exfoliate two to three times a week. For dry or sensitive skin, once a week should be enough.
- Hydrate and moisturize. Moisturizer traps vapor on the skin, and hydration improves circulation and overall skin health. Recommend drinking at least one liter of water daily.
- Massage the skin using CBD oil. Regular massages improve circulation, relax muscles, and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
What does CBD body scrub do?
CBD oil is a non-psychoactive extract of hemp or cannabis. According to multiple studies, topical application of cannabidiol and hemp extracts is unlikely to cause adverse side effects, including allergic reactions.
When used in body scrubs, CBD oil and exfoliating agent of choice promise benefits including:
CBD sugar scrub skin rejuvenation
Rejuvenation means restoring the youthful appearance of the skin. That is soft, hydrated, supple, and smooth skin.
By removing the outer layer of skin, you expose the inner softer layer of skin. As an anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial agent, CBD oil protects the skin and keeps it healthy.
How to exfoliate safely based on skin type
When using CBD sugar scrubs for exfoliation, it is necessary to use gentle pressure, circular motions, and short light strokes. If you exfoliate too hard, you may end up causing irritation, pain, or skin damage.
Different skin types have different exfoliation requirements, as explained below.
How to exfoliate sensitive skin using CBD sugar scrub
Having sensitive skin means that you are at elevated risk of developing inflammation, irritation, or discoloration. While not a medical condition, sensitivity could be a sign of an underlying ailment.
Because of that, it is necessary to avoid actions and products that can irritate the skin.
At home, you may treat or manage sensitive skin through a combination of exfoliation, moisturizers, and oatmeal baths.
Oatmeal and CBD sugar scrubs
After exfoliating using CBD sugar scrub, we recommend applying an oatmeal face mask. Why?
According to anecdotal evidence, applying oatmeal masks is beneficial in that it prevents rashes and inflammatory skin conditions, including dry skin and eczema.
When combined with CBD oil, oatmeal face, and body masks promise benefits including:
- Irritation, redness, and itch relief.
- Oatmeal and CBD oil feature a blend of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory compounds, and avenanthramides -that promise protection and improved skin health.
- CBD has anti-microbial properties, lowering the risk of infection.
If you have sensitive skin, it is necessary to moisturize after scrubbing.
After exfoliating sensitive skin, dermatologists recommend that you do the following.
- Do not use hot water when showering, as it can cause sensitivity.
- Take shorter showers.
- Use a blow dryer or pat the face and body with a clean towel. Rubbing can cause sensitivity.
- Avoid makeup and topical products that feature harsh chemicals and fragrances.
How to exfoliate oily skin using CBD sugar scrub
Oily skin increases your risk of clogging or infection. Because of that, dermatologists recommend exfoliating at least three times a week. That way, you prevent build-up, and clogging, lowering your risk of infection and inflammation.
Ideally, you want to cleanse your skin every morning, exfoliate every other day to allow the skin to heal and practice proper care post or after exfoliation.
If you are female and have oily skin or acne, there is evidence that birth control pills may lower the occurrence.
CBD sugar scrub and honey for oily skin
Honey and CBD oil exhibit antibacterial and antiseptic properties, making the combination best suited for persons with oily skin.
Applying a CBD and honey face mask lessens the need for antibacterial soaps that damage both good and bad bacteria on the skin. You may also use oatmeal.
When exfoliating oily skin with CBD sugar scrub, you should:
- Avoid over-exfoliating. Exfoliating gently once or twice a day is unlikely to cause any harm to oily skin. However, aggressive exfoliation will cause irritation, damage, and pain.
- Use gentle circular motions. Massaging the skin improves circulation, benefiting skin health. Use the tip of your fingers.
- Blot away excess oil. CBD oil, coconut oil, petroleum, jelly, and sebum, the body’s natural oil, all have the potential to cause clogging if too much is used. Because of that, it is necessary to gently press an absorbent, be it paper or cloth, to absorb excessive oil.
- Wear protection when necessary. The sun and environmental factors including dirt, pollution, debris, and so on, increase the risk of clogging and breakout, especially if you have oily skin.
- If you are on prescription medication for oily skin. You should follow instructions provided by a caregiver of the manufacturer.
If you have a breakout, inflammation, irritation, or acne-prone skin, experts recommend using gentle chemical exfoliators because mechanical exfoliation may exacerbate pain and irritation, depending on the pressure and method employed.
How to exfoliate normal skin using CBD sugar scrub
Having “normal” skin creates a lot of room for experimentation. You may exfoliate up to three times or more a week and use different CBD formulations and combinations -we recommend coupling CBD sugar scrubs with honey, aloe vera, turmeric, or face mask of choice.
Should you do a face mask before or after exfoliating?
While not a necessary aspect of exfoliation, applying a face or body mask before or after exfoliation promises a variety of benefits.
Face masks infused with CBD oil help calm muscles, and:
- Reduce the appearance of the signs of aging, including wrinkles and fine lines.
- Prevent or relieve inflammation, pain, or discomfort.
- Balance out sebum production, reducing the risk of clogging.
- Soothe and calm the skin.
Exfoliating the skin with CBD sugar scrubs can reduce stress.
Multiple medical studies suggest that having elevated stress levels contributes to skin damage and inflammation and hinder immune function.
Exfoliation and CBD massages help promote relaxation (CBD is a natural muscle relaxant), improve skin health, leading to increased confidence, and provide relief from pain and inflammation.
Multiple studies prove that CBD oil is a powerful anxiolytic that has an excellent safety profile.
Consequently, using CBD for exfoliation and massages presents little to no risk of allergic reaction or complications.