CBD sugar scrubs and salt scrubs improve skin health and texture by removing dirt, debris, grime, and dead skin. When coupled with CBD oil, said abrasive agents carry the added benefit of inflammation relief or prevention by clearing dead skin and debris, allowing topical products to penetrate the skin better, and as an analgesic -CBD oil can help prevent pain and irritation.
What is vital to remember is when using salt, sugar, or other types of exfoliators, you must be gentle to avoid creating micro-tears on the skin that may allow entry of microorganisms or cause pain and irritation.
Salt and sugar scrubs are unlikely to cause allergic reactions or adverse side effects, however if you are prone to allergies, it is recommended that whenever you try a new product, spot-test it before applying or massaging it all over your body.
If you are looking for a safe way to exfoliate the skin using cannabidiol, below is everything you need to know about CBD sugar scrubs and salt scrubs.
CBD sugar scrubs: Quick take.
- Exfoliating regularly can remove and prevent blackspots and other lesions.
- Scrubbing too aggressively using CBD sugar scrubs or salt can create micro-tears, irritation, redness, and drying. Recommend using gentle pressure and following a circular motion.
- You may apply CBD oil after exfoliation to soothe irritation, hasten healing, hydrate skin, and prevent or manage inflammation.
- Salt and sugar scrubs can help skin look and feel younger, smoother, and firmer if used right.
- You may use powdered salt or sugar -if you have sensitive skin or intend to exfoliate aggressively.
- CBD and coconut oil act as lubricants to prevent friction damage.
What can CBD sugar and salt scrubs do?
The effects of age and environment on the skin will impact texture, appearance, and health. The skin exfoliates naturally, but the process is not as effective as manual exfoliation. Without exfoliation, the build-up of dead skin, microorganisms, dirt, and debris increases the risk of infection, breakout, allergic reactions, and skin damage.
If you want your skin to glow, feel smooth, and be healthy, you must thus exfoliate regularly.
Depending on skin type, it is necessary to exfoliate two to three times a week. Persons with oily skin should exfoliate at least four times a week.
However, you must not exfoliate too often or aggressively as it may weaken or damage the skin.
Is CBD sugar scrub better than salt scrub?
As mentioned, salt and sugar scrubs serve the same function.
There are a few benefits each abrasive agent offers.
What are the advantages of using CBD sugar scrubs?
Sugar scrubs are made of large sugar crystals -that- when massaged to the skin, remove dirt and debris. For the face, you may use powdered or regular sugar. The condition is, do not use too much pressure as granulated sugar can cause micro tears when used aggressively.
According to dermatologists, you may scrub aggressively areas that have thicker skin, such as the knees and elbows.
The benefits of using CBD sugar scrubs on the face and body include:
- Sugar scrubs are unlikely to cause clogging. Instead, they remove debris on the skin.
- Better product penetration.
- Compared to salt scrubs, sugar is less abrasive and suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
- Sugar may help draw out toxins from the skin.
- CBD sugar scrubs hydrate the skin.
Why use CBD salt scrubs?
Salt crystals are harsher on the skin. However, there are some benefits of using salt to exfoliate.
- Salt can be used to disinfect and cleanse the skin.
- Medical and anecdotal evidence suggest that salt can remove toxins, dirt, and debris through osmotic action.
Note. Just like sugar, using salt or sugar scrubs too often or aggressively can damage your skin barrier, worsen skin conditions, including eczema, or cause discoloration. In other words, moderation is necessary.
Can I mix salt and sugar scrubs?
Beauty experts encourage mixing salt and sugar scrubs as you get to enjoy the combined benefits. You should also include CBD oil or coconut oil. Why?
CBD is an extract of hemp or cannabis that promises numerous benefits for skin health. When applied or used topically, there is evidence that the cannabinoid interacts with the endocannabinoid system to relieve inflammation, anxiety, and oxidative damage, benefiting the skin and overall health.
As a medicine, the FDA has approved CBD as a treatment for epileptic seizures only.
Pain, inflammation, and anxiety are qualifying conditions for medical marijuana in some states.
Coconut oil, just like CBD oil, promises benefits for the skin, including anti-microbial action, acne prevention or relief, inflammation management, and an even skin tone.
CBD sugar scrub and salt scrubs: what you need to remember.
- Salt can damage the skin when used in high concentrations for extended periods. Recommend adding low amounts of salt to sugar scrubs occasionally or when necessary.
- Sea salt has trace minerals, including potassium, calcium, and magnesium (good for skin) because of less processing. Recommend using sea salt for toxin removal.
- Do not use hot or salted water when cleaning your face or body after exfoliation. Use warm water to open pores and avoid burns or irritation.
- You may apply CBD oil, coconut oil, or CBD moisturizer after exfoliation to relieve irritation or discomfort.
- Contact a dermatologist if salt or sugar scrub causes itchiness, dryness, inflammation, or acne that persists.
What does CBD sugar scrub do for your face?
With little protection from the environment, your face is likely to appear duller than other body parts.
The sun, dirt, debris, dead skin, and oil contribute to dull, unhealthy-looking skin. What CBD sugar scrubs, and scrubs in general can do for the face is.
- Skin rejuvenation. Preventing or alleviating clogging allows the skin to function normally and prevents the build-up of debris and bacteria. The long-term benefit of that is fewer breakouts, smoother skin, and better hydration.
- Hydration. As mentioned, sugar helps hydrate skin, keeping it from looking dull.
Exfoliation should be part of a weekly skincare routine that encompasses actions designed to support skin health. Dermatologists recommend frequent exfoliation coupled with:
- Proper hydration. One way to check if you are getting enough water is to check your pee. If you consume enough water, pee should be light color or almost clear. Yellow pee is not a sign of bad health, it only indicates that you are not consuming enough water.
- Protect skin from environmental damage. Damage may come from the sun, dirt, and exposure to pollutants. Consequently, wear protective clothing whenever necessary, and exfoliate regularly to prevent buildup. Tanning beds are as damaging as the sun, or worse, recommend getting a tan or vitamin D from the sun. The best time to sunbathe, depending on conditions, is in the morning or after 4 pm. Avoid being under the sun when it gets too hot.
- Shower regularly. Showers, warm or cold, help to remove debris from the skin and maintain skin health. Use anti-microbial soap to reduce the probability of skin infection. And use CBD oil to lessen the need for anti-microbial soap that kills good and bad bacteria.
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep daily. Lack of sleep will damage the skin, cause anxiety, and affect concentration. Getting enough sleep therefore benefits your skin, and mental and physical health. If you are having problems sleeping, you may ingest CBD oil to improve sleep quality.
- Manage stress and act whenever you notice changes in skin health. Stress, depression, and anxiety can do a lot of damage to skin health. CBD is an anxiolytic that you may use to keep stress in check.
CBD sugar scrub: How does it work?
Using sugar scrubs is not a complicated process, all you need do is:
- Scoop small amounts of scrub on clean fingers.
- Wet your fingers if necessary.
- Gently massage, using circular motions, all over the face and body.
- You may employ an assistant to reach the harder parts.
What happens when you scrub your skin too hard?
Scrubbing too hard is discouraged by skin care specialists because it can damage complexion and cause skin to appear dry and flaky. There is also the risk of damage or micro-tears.
When damaged, your risk of blemishes increases.
Note. If you have or are prone to keloids, any type of skin damage can cause development. We recommend gentle scrubbing and applying CBD oil to lower the risk.
How do I know if I scrub too hard?
When exfoliating, you should not experience irritation, peeling, redness, or sensitivity. If you notice any of said symptoms, stop exfoliating the area immediately.
If you experience the symptoms above, dermatologists recommend that you do the following:
- Apply CBD oil or a mild cleanser or fragrance-free moisturizer.
- Spot treat damaged skin using emollients, including CBD oil or other soothing product.
- Consult a professional if the symptoms do not improve within a few days or a week.
- Give the skin time to heal.
What is the best sugar scrub for your skin?
You want an exfoliant that is gentle on the skin, has medicinal value, and is easy to remove.
The benefit of using the product above is -it is well tolerated and creates little to no risk of skin damage or irritation.