Improving and maintaining dog fur quality is a mix of bathing, regular visits to the vets, using the right shampoo -preferably CBD dog shampoos, the right diet, and regular brushing. It may sound healthy to wash your dog daily or weekly, but over washing can be detrimental to the dog’s health.
CBD dog shampoos go beyond cleansing and parasite removal. They also relieve/prevent inflammation, and balance skin PH. As an antioxidant, CBD can prevent free radical damage, and CBD is a powerful anxiolytic making it useful in the prevention and management of multiple ailments that stem from stress, including Cushing syndrome.
How do I know if my dog’s coat is unhealthy, and how can CBD shampoo help?
Just like us, stress, illness, and environmental factors, including pollution, smoke, dirt, and debris, affect dog hair, skin, and coat quality. A healthy dog should have shiny but not greasy hair, the texture should be smooth, and, depending on coat size, should not shed excessively.
If your dog’s coat does not fit that description, the problem could be:
- You overwash the dog. Overshampooing strips sebum from fur and skin. As a reaction, the dog may secrete higher amounts of sebum, leading to greasiness and an increased risk of infection. In older dogs, you may notice dryness and excessive shedding because the body becomes less efficient at sebum secretion as the animal ages.
- Hormonal imbalance and metabolic problems. Regular vet visits can help establish the cause of unhealthy coats. Whenever you are unsure of what is causing your dog’s fur to look dull, lifeless, or unhealthy, consult a vet,
- Underlying conditions. Skin ailments can affect the shininess and coat appearance.
In short, maintaining good health improves dog fur quality.
Recommended CBD dog shampoo.
CBD shampoos for dogs: How does CBD shampoo improve fur quality?
Through a blend of pet-safe ingredients, CBD shampoos serve functions, including making dog fur look and feel soft, shiny, untangled, and bouncy for long-haired dogs.
However, the shampooing process goes beyond cleansing and aesthetics.
CBD shampoos can reduce shedding and stress-related hair loss
Stress and anxiety can trigger several ailments in humans and dogs, including hair loss and damage. What happens is stress causes hair follicles to enter a resting phase.
The phase may last as long as the stress remains.
If your dog is shedding excessively or losing hair, the cause could be stress. How can you tell?
Dog stress can be environment-related, a sign of underlying issues, or emotion-related. You know that your dog is stressed if it repetitively paces back and forth, pants, yawns, pins its ears back, or exhibits odd behavior.
Note, shedding could also be a sign of:
- Allergic reaction.
- State of health.
- Some dog breeds are prone to more shedding.
- Seasonal changes.
What can CBD shampoos do to relieve stress?
As an anxiolytic that interacts with the endocannabinoid system, ingesting or massaging CBD oil can help relieve stress. When massaged topically, CBD oil induces muscle relaxation, improves blood flow and nutrient delivery, and soothes the skin.
Additionally, as an analgesic and anti-inflammatory agent, CBD oil relieves pain and inflammatory ailments that could be stressing the dog.
Added benefits of shampooing your dog using CBD shampoos include:
- Pain relief. Massaging CBD into the dog’s skin and hair helps relieve pain from activity, illness, or condition. You may also apply CBD oil directly to wounds to hasten healing.
- Better sleep. By relieving itch, pain, discomfort, redness, and fatigue, CBD moisturizers help dogs attain better sleep. Good sleep equals better health and higher energy levels.
- Better circulation. Bathing dogs helps to improve circulation, nutrient delivery, and muscle health.
Can CBD dog shampoo help with allergies?
CBD oil is not an antihistamine. However, the cannabinoid can relieve inflammation, pain, and discomfort caused by allergens. Because of that, if your dog is exposed to allergens, what you should do is shampoo it.
That way you prevent exacerbation of symptoms, irritation that may lead to excessive scratching, and the transfer of allergens to your person or other animals under your care.
How CBD shampoos help with allergies.
- Studies suggest that cannabidiol may help regulate immune function. The benefit of that includes inflammation relief and prevention (inflammation is usually a reaction to invaders or injury).
- CBD can help soothe irritation, redness, itching, and discomfort.
- As a bronchodilator, CBD may help humans and pets -breathe easier.
Can CBD shampoo help with greasy or dry coats?
Just like us, dogs experience buildup of dead skin, sebum, dirt, debris, and microorganisms.
Long-haired breeds tend to build up odor faster.
Using shampoos can cause and treat greasiness. How?
A dog’s body produces sebum, a natural oil that serves function including friction protection, acts as a microorganism barrier, and help maintain hydration.
What is vital to remember is that overwashing and under washing dogs contribute to greasiness. Over washing strips, the skin and fur of sebum, causing increased production. Under washing allows the buildup of sebum.
Studies suggest that CBD oil helps the skin regulate sebum production. For older dogs, CBD shampoos help to keep the skin and hair dryness free. Remember, the body becomes less efficient at sebum production as the dog ages.
what to remember:
- The buildup of dead skin, sebum, dirt, and debris, increases the risk of infection and inflammatory ailments.
- Dogs with longer hair require regular baths, say once a week or once every two weeks, to prevent buildup and odor.
CBD oil can help prevent fungal infections and environmental illnesses
Fungal ailments range from minor to life-threatening.
Dogs love being outdoors, and that exposes them to disease-causing microorganisms and ailments such as blastomycosis.
According to studies, CBD oil exhibits action against antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria, fungi, and some viruses.
Unlike antimicrobial shampoos, CBD shampoos are gentler and can thus be used more often with little to no risk of irritation or adverse side effects.
- Washing your dog whenever the coat becomes dirtier than usual.
- To avoid overwashing, you may brush the dog once or twice a day.
Added benefits of using CBD shampoos for dogs include:
- CBD shampoos are non-allergenic. According to multiple studies, topical application of CBD oil is unlikely to cause any negative effects.
- Environmentally friendly. CBD shampoos contain natural ingredients, including lavender and coconut oil, meaning there is no risk of polluting the environment or waterbodies.
- Coconut oil, CBD oil, and lavender have medicinal properties and are moisturizing, and can thus prevent dryness and related ailments.
- Cannabidiol shampoos are PH balanced, have antioxidant properties, and deliver omega acids that improve dog skin quality.