A study published in the National Library of Medicine suggests that CBD oil, a non-psychoactive extract of hemp or cannabis, may help treat multiple inflammatory ailments, including dermatitis, itch, hairlessness, and pigmentation.
According to the study’s findings cannabidiol interacts with the endocannabinoid system in the skin to trigger anti-inflammatory action.
CBD oil shampoos can help prevent said ailments, according to anecdotal evidence. The cannabinoid is an antioxidant that can prevent free radical damage. Massaging it to the scalp improves blood flow and nutrient distribution, and according to the CDC, CBD is well tolerated by the majority. Meaning, little to no risk of allergic reaction or adverse side effects.
CBD oils shampoo for oily hair: Does washing hair using cannabidiol help dermatitis?
- Using CBD oil shampoos on your hair and scalp daily can significantly reduce the risk of dermatitis+. Recommend daily shampooing if you use hair care product daily or work in an environment that exposes you to irritants.
- Weak irritants, including soaps and detergents, increase the risk of dermatitis.
- CBD shampoos create zero risk of dermatitis. Recommend not using solid soaps on the head and scalp.
- Reducing yeast and carbohydrates in your diet may help lower the risk of dermatitis.
- If you have or are at risk of dermatitis, avoid products that dry out hair or scalp.
- Dermatitis can be caused by environmental irritants or allergens.
What causes dermatitis, and can CBD oil shampoos help?
Dermatitis, referring to inflammation of the skin, refers to several ailments, including eczema, that occur because of irritation or contact with an irritant.
On the scalp, dermatitis can cause symptoms, including thickened skin, dandruff, blisters, inflammation, dry skin, and itchiness.
Dermatitis usually appears on the face, nose, ear and behind the ears. Contact between hair and the forehead also increases the risk if you have oily hair.
If you have oily skin, your risk of dermatitis is higher because excessive sebum clogs pores.
Dermatitis is not contagious and can be prevented through shampooing and exfoliation. Exfoliation helps prevent buildup and improve scalp and hair health.
When washing or shampooing hair, you want to avoid using products that irritate or damage the skin.
For the majority, you want to avoid skin or hair care products that contain:
- Colored dyes or pigments. If you have a related food allergy, you are also at higher risk of suffering allergic reactions to colorants in cosmetics.
- Fragrances. There is no telling what chemicals are used to create fragrance.
- Harsh preservatives.
Does not washing hair make seborrheic dermatitis worse?
If you have dermatitis, the American Academy of Dermatology recommends that you wait until the outbreak is under control. Once you are off medication, gently clean your hair and scalp at least once a week.
You may use CBD shampoo or doctor-recommended options.
To prevent or lower the risk of dermatitis, it is necessary to create a hair care routine based on your hair type.
How often to shampoo hair using CBD oil shampoo?
When crafting a hair care routine, it is vital to strike a balance. That is -you must not overwash or under wash. You must also consider how much product you use.
If you use hair care products daily, it may benefit you to wash daily or once every two days.
If you have dark skin or your hair is naturally oily, excessive washing can lead to damage, and you should shampoo once or twice a week.
How do I remove product from my hair without washing it?
Not removing product contributes to buildup and increases the risk of dermatitis, infection, and other ailments. To remove product without washing, you may:
- Use a blow dryer set on low to break down product and prevent damage.
- You may also steam hair once a month to reduce breakage, soften hair, and increase shine.
The general rule is -to wash hair whenever it becomes oily, dirty, produces odor, or when you have a lot of buildup. Therefore, you should:
- If you have oily hair, washing daily or every other day is recommended because oil traps dirt, debris, and dead skin.
- If you have coily hair, shampoo it once a week.
- Curly or wavy hair should be washed up to 3 times a week.
How to prevent and treat dermatitis using CBD shampoo.
Preventing dermatitis and other inflammatory ailments of the scalp and body requires a holistic approach centered on improving skin health.
According to medical studies, you are at elevated risk of dermatitis if you suffer from depression or high-stress levels.
What is the fastest way to get rid of scalp dermatitis?
Exfoliate, shampoo, massage, and consume CBD oil. Why?
As an antioxidant, analgesic, anti-inflammatory agent, and anxiolytic, CBD oil offers numerous benefits for dermatitis. Consumption benefits the scalp and body by providing anxiety relief.
Shampooing and massaging CBD oil into the scalp not only benefits inflammation but also helps lower stress levels.
Additionally, CBD calms muscles and protects the skin from free radicals that contribute to inflammation and skin damage.
In short, you may lower the risk of dermatitis by:
- Adding CBD oil to your diet. You should also increase “anti-inflammatory foods” in your diet and reduce your intake of refined carbohydrates.
- You also want to reduce your intake of bread, beer, wine, and other foods that promote yeast growth.
To get rid of scalp dermatitis quickly, you should:
Hair removal on the face or scalp may improve dermatitis symptoms and medicine/CBD oil penetration. If shaving is not an option, ensure that the skin or scalp is properly cleansed using a mild exfoliant and shampoo. We recommend CBD sugar scrubs.
Avoid irritating the scalp.
Irritation may stem from clothing, the sun, and environmental factors, including smoke and pollution.
Do not use alcoholic products on the scalp or hair.
A little alcohol can help degrease skin and hair, but too much of it can dry out hair and scalp leading to irritation and increased sebum production.
Massage aloe vera and CBD oil.
Regular massages improve blood flow to the scalp and speed up the healing process. If exfoliation is not an option, consider massaging CBD oil and aloe vera.
CBD and aloe vera are gentle on the skin and can treat dermatitis.