CBD sugar scrub, according to anecdotal evidence, is a potential treatment for sunspots, and a host of inflammatory skin ailments.
Sunspots, referring to brown or black spots are harmless non-cancerous patches or spots that can affect one’s confidence. If you are above forty and have fair skin, you are at elevated risk.
CBD sugar scrubs can help brighten sunspots, improve skin health, and manage the effects of aging on the skin.
Sunspots may appear anywhere on the body that gets sun exposure. It may take days, weeks, months, or even years to develop. Meaning -if you do not yet have them, you must take precautions.
In general, what you need to do to prevent sun spots is (1) wear protective clothing or sunscreens. (2) avoid the midday sun if possible. (The ideal time to sunbathe is between 11 am to 4 pm/when the sun is not too hot). (3) consult a dermatologist whenever you notice changes in skin aesthetics or health (early intervention yields the best results for sun damage, including sun spots).
We recommend adding CBD oil and CBD sugar scrubs to your care routine to (1) reduce the effects of sun damage, including inflammation. (2) moisturize and protect skin. (3) lower the risk of infections or sun-related conditions that can damage the skin.
What is the Best Way to Remove Sunspots on your Face and Body?
According to clinicians, treatment options for sunspots include laser resurfacing., cryotherapy, chemical peels, and microdermabrasion. All said options carry the risk of developing multiple complications, including scarring, hyperpigmentation, infection, acne, keloids, and redness.
If you have sensitive skin, acne-prone skin, or are prone to keloids, you may want to avoid said procedures as they can cause further discomfort.
You should also consult a dermatologist before undergoing said procedures if you have an autoimmune illness, are on acne medication, are pregnant, or if you have dark or brown skin. Remember, having dark or brown skin puts you at elevated risk of developing keloids.
While there is no guarantee that CBD sugar scrubs and other exfoliating agents will remove sun spots completely, regular exfoliation can improve appearance, repair damaged skin, and prevent further damage.
Depending on your skin type and how much time you spend under the sun, we recommend exfoliating at least three times a week. Persons with oily skin may gently exfoliate daily to prevent buildup and clogging.
The condition is:
- Use a gentle exfoliant.
- Cleanse the skin before and after exfoliation.
- Do not apply too much pressure.
If you notice pain, discomfort, or dryness after exfoliation, massage CBD oil to heal and calm muscles.
How to get rid of Sun Spots Naturally Using CBD Sugar Scrubs and Products.
Note that sun spots require treatment, meaning they will not go away on their own. We recommend:
CBD Sugar Scrubs, Oil, and Retinol Treatment.
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, dermatologist-approved retinoids can help reduce the appearance of sunspots. You also have the option of using azelaic acid, kojic acid, or vitamin C.
However, retinoids and said acids can cause problems, including hyperpigmentation, sensitivity, redness, and dryness, meaning overuse or overreliance is discouraged.
Why use CBD oil and Retinoids?
CBD oil counters the effects of retinoids on the skin. Massaging CBD after retinoid treatment will help prevent pain, inflammation, redness, dryness, and possible damage.
When picking retinoid or products designed to treat sun spots, dermatologists recommend that you consider the following:
- Check the ingredients. Before applying to the skin, check the product’s constituents. You want to avoid products that contain mercury, steroids, or other harmful chemicals or compounds. Some products may not list the complete ingredients list, making it advisable to do your own research or spot test. We recommend only using dermatologist-approved medicines.
- Do not reuse products that irritate or damage the skin. Long term, such products can worsen spots or cause other issues.
- Give the skin time to heal. Some spots fade on their own, and some do not. Be patient.
Should you exfoliate after using retinoids?
Wait at least 12 hours before exfoliating after using retinoids or any of the said acids, as it may irritate or damage skin.
CBD Sugar Scrubs and Natural Remedies for Sun Spots.
According to anecdotal evidence, it is possible to fade sun spots using home remedies. Compared to formal treatments, natural remedies are relatively safer as they create little to no risk of skin damage or hyperpigmentation.
- Lemon juice is a mild acid that is unlikely to damage the skin. When applied directly, lemon juice lightens skin and hair but can cause dryness and discomfort. You may massage CBD oil to the skin to relieve dryness or discomfort.
- Apple cider vinegar. Depending on the concentration, apple cider vinegar can cause damage to the skin. We recommend spot-treating sun spots and diluting them to avoid damaging healthy skin.
- Black and green teas. Applying tea bags directly to sunspots may fade them without damaging healthy tissue. According to multiple studies, tea bag treatments promise inflammation relief., aging prevention, and antioxidant properties that help skin look and feel smoother and younger.
Other options include honey, buttermilk, red onions, and vitamins E and C.
To use retinoids, follow manufacturer or dermatologist instructions. That is apply a tiny amount of retinoid cream on sunspots for ten to thirty minutes, then wash off.
You may also use CBD and retinoid treatment on wrinkles, fine lines, acne, or other lesions.
What to remember:
- Avoid using retinoids daily. Overuse can result in peeling, redness, skin damage, or acne.
- CBD oil has an excellent safety profile, and you may use it daily or mix it with skin care products of choice.
How to prevent sun spots using CBD sugar scrubs and CBD oil.
Sun spots and sun damage are best prevented. The idea is to keep skin healthy through a combination of diet, healthy habits, and skin protection.
In general, what you need to do is:
Create a routine centered on the factors above.
Cleanse or exfoliate the skin in the morning and before bed (once or twice per week).
You may prevent damage from the sun and environmental factors, including dirt, pollution, and smoke, by cleansing or exfoliating the skin. Apart from protection from environmental factors, exfoliating and cleansing skin helps prevent the buildup of dead skin, bacteria, and sebum.
Apply antioxidants to the skin to prevent oxidative damage.
UV rays from the sun can cause the development of free radicals that damage the skin. As an antioxidant -you may apply CBD oil directly to the skin to prevent free radical damage. Other options include vitamin C.
Tip: Use CBD antioxidant moisturizer or add a few drops of CBD oil to a skin care product of choice.
Dry skin is easy to damage. Moisturizers coupled with proper hydration can help maintain skin health.