For older adults, that is, if you are above sixty-five, there are numerous therapeutic benefits that you may derive from CBD and hemp products. 1. you may use CBD to manage aches and pain and lessen the need for potentially harmful painkillers.
2. CBD has anti-inflammatory and anxiolytic potential, meaning use may lessen the risk of multiple conditions and relieve existing ones. 3. You may use CBD oil to improve quality of life, as explained below.
What does cannabidiol do for older adults? Below is what you need to know, including safety and precautions.
Quick take: CBD for older adults -the benefits of cannabidiol for the elderly.
- CBD is nonpsychoactive and may thus be used by older adults without the risk of accidents.
- You may use CBD to manage pain, inflammation, stress, and symptoms of cardiovascular illness.
- CBD is a neuroprotectant.
Does CBD Oil Help With Aging And What Changes Should You Expect In Your Sixties?
Older people are happier than younger and middle-aged adults. According to multiple studies.
Additionally, According to a psychologist, stress, depression, and anxiety decrease as you get older. That can be attributed to changes in goals -making peace with stressors and looking at the positives.
The benefits of aging are:
- You learn to build resilience.
- Self-acceptance and acceptance of your situations become easier.
- You learn to forgive and not dwell on the negatives.
However, said experiences are not universal and can be hindered by a health condition, social factors, or medications (some medicines can make you irritable).
What Is The Best Age To Start Taking Cannabidiol And Hemp Extracts?
As explained in a previous article, the consequences of starting cannabinoid or marijuana use at an early age are still under investigation. For marijuana/THC, there is evidence that use during pregnancy or breastfeeding may hinder development.
Pure CBD oil, according to studies, is non-psychoactive and safe to use at all ages.
What Are The Effects Of CBD On Older Adults?
Your mind and body will undergo the following changes as you get older. Below is how CBD can help lessen the effects of aging.
Skin Changes To Expect When You Turn Sixty.
Apart from wrinkling, your skin will also become drier and itchier. Additionally, wounds will take longer to heal, and your sweat glands may become less active.
The biggest threats to your skin when older are:
- UV light damage. What happens is overexposure breaks down skin structure, accelerating wrinkling, fine lines, and discoloration.
- Dry skin/drying cosmetics.
- Toxin and pollution.
According to one study, topical and injectable nutrient treatments, such as vitamins E, C, zinc, and selenium, can lessen the effects of UV ray damage.
Hemp seeds are a source of not only vitamin E, and C but also selenium, zinc, proteins, calcium, and omega acids, all of which benefit skin health.
Slow Healing Wounds In Older Adults.
There is evidence that CBD and hemp extracts can accelerate the wound healing process. According to one study, CBD oil repairs nerve tissues, leading to accelerated wound healing and a lower risk of scaring.
Additionally, CBD is a natural moisturizer.
You may apply it to skin as is, use it to spot or treat lesions or inflammation, or add CBD or hemp extracts to skin care products of choice.
A higher risk of heart disease and cardiovascular health issues.
Studies indicate that heart problems, including stroke and heart failure, are the leading causes of death in older adults in America.
As you get older, medical experts recommend that you cut back or avoid smoking and overconsumption of sugar and salt.
There are a variety of cardiovascular diseases that may occur in older adults. The risk factors include obesity, smoke and pollution exposure, a sedentary lifestyle, and changes in blood pressure.
CBD for Older Adults -How To Improve Cardiovascular Health With CBD.
CBD oil is a muscle relaxant, and it can help recovery. Additionally, there is evidence that CBD oil can discourage drug-seeking behavior and aid weight management.
In short, hemp and cannabis users have a lower body mass index, and better circulation.
Additionally, CBD oil is a vasodilator meaning it can improve blood pressure by dilating veins, ensuring nutrient delivery to skin, brain, and other organs.
The benefits of using CBD oil for cardiovascular health are:
- Better sleep.
- Nutrients, flavonoids, antioxidant terpenes, and therapeutic cannabinoids contribute to overall wellness.
- Weight management.
Neurological Changes In Older Adults.
As you get older, you may find it increasingly difficult to remember names, places, and other details. However, studies suggest that cognitive decline is not inevitable.
Meaning that it is possible to retain cognitive function into your octogenarian and nonagenarian years.
CBD oil has neuroprotective qualities, meaning it may protect the brain from age-related and disease-related cognitive decline.
Additionally, studies suggest that CBD oil prevents damage caused by stroke and seizures.
How to maintain cognitive function with CBD oil.
- Use CBD and hemp extracts to maintain stable blood pressure and to manage stress (high levels of either contribute to cognitive decline).
- Add hemp to your diet and consume healthy foods. It is not a must that you give up junk food. All you need do is limit your consumption of damaging foods.
- Challenge the mind with puzzles, hobbies, and so on.
- Build a social support system for your mental health.
Aches and Pains In Older Adults.
Moving around in old age stresses joints, and that can result in inflammation and pain. Additionally, illnesses, including arthritis, may worsen with age.
CBD can be ingested or used topically to manage pain. Studies indicate that CBD users do not require as much painkillers as non-users.
Safety and precautions: seniors guide to using CBD products.
For older adults, the precautions you should be aware of if you decide to use hemp and cannabis extracts include:
- The risk of THC contamination. As a psychoactive cannabinoid, THC may increase the risk of accidents, including slip and fall accidents. Only source CBD products from quality vendors.
- Spot-test products before use. While CBD has a low risk of causing adverse side effects, ingredients, including coconut oil, may trigger allergies.