Just like a regular massage, CBD oil massage and scrub promise benefits for the skin, improved circulation, and relief from stress, depression, or anxiety. The added benefits of using CBD oil include relaxation, pain relief, skin hydration, and plenty more.
In short, CBD oil massages and scrubs are good for mental health, skin, and the body.
Quick take: Is CBD oil good for scrub and massage?
- CBD massages heal the mind and body, leaving you refreshed, re-energized, and with better skin.
- You may add a few drops of CBD oil to a massage product of choice or invest in CBD massage products.
- If the product contains a carrier oil, test it before massaging it all over your body.
- When isolated, CBD is well tolerated. But carrier oils, including coconut oil, may cause allergic reactions, including inflammation and headaches in some.
- Applying or massaging CBD oil after a scrub hastens healing and prevents irritation.
Should I get a body scrub with a massage?
Your body has its way of telling you that you need a massage or movement. The signs can go unnoticed, but if you ignore them, you may notice increased fatigue, stiffness, pain, and other consequences of lack of movement or muscle stimulation.
In general, you know that you need a massage if you:
- Find it difficult to sleep or have insomnia.
- You experience tense muscles or tension headaches.
- You have high blood pressure or high anxiety levels.
- Pain in the back, neck, or chest.
- You have carpal tunnel syndrome.
- You have undergone surgery or are recovering from an injury.
- Bad sitting, standing, or sleeping posture.
- You have lost the full range of motion in some or all limbs.
In short, you need a scrub and massage for skin and overall health.
Why use CBD oil for massage and scrubbing?
CBD is an extract of hemp or cannabis. In its purest form, the cannabinoid has an excellent safety profile. That means little to no risk of developing an allergic reaction, and there is no risk of dependence or addiction.
CBD also exhibits action against bacteria and viruses, meaning it may reduce the risk of skin inflammation.
In short, using CBD oil for massages offers the following benefits.
- It may improve sleep quality.
- Reduce or manage acute and chronic pain.
- Offer relief from stress, depression, and anxiety.
- Thanks to CBD’s medicinal qualities, the cannabinoid may have uses in the treatment of at least 50 ailments and conditions.
Clinically, we recommend using CBD oil for massage if you have any of the following conditions:
- Neck pain. You may prevent reoccurrence by improving posture, changing your mattress or bedding, or changing sleep posture. If you have suffered an injury or there is an underlying cause, we recommend consulting a medical professional. Being an analgesic, you may massage CBD oil into the neck to manage pain.
- Stress, depression, and anxiety. Micro-dosing CBD oil and getting a massage at least once a week can help manage stress levels.
- When pregnant. Pregnancy changes the body in numerous ways. A massage can help in mood regulation, pain relief, and anxiety management.
Note: When pregnant, you may only use CBD oil topically.
The FDA and CDC discourage the use of cannabinoids, including CBD oil when pregnant or breastfeeding. CBD oil is fat-soluble and may thus be passed to an infant or fetus. The long-term effects of exposure to cannabinoids at a young age are under investigation.
What comes first, a body scrub or a massage?
The choice between a scrub first and a massage boils down to personal preference. However, we recommend a scrub and then a massage. Why?
A body scrub’s function is to remove dead skin, debris, and dirt.
Based on expert testimony, the right way to do it is:
- Steam or sauna to help relax sore muscles and improve heart health and circulation. At home, you may take a warm bath, use steam, or run a hot shower to fill the room with steam. You may also use the hot water and blanket treatment. The benefits of a steam bath include improved mental wellness, better skin, muscle recovery, congestion relief, and improved circulation. You may add a few drops of CBD oil to warm or hot water to enjoy aromatherapy benefits, including bronchodilation which improves breathing.
- Take a warm bath. A warm bath may improve sleep quality, relieve stress and depression, and support heart and circulatory health.
- Scrub. Unclogs clogged pores, prevents, or frees ingrown hairs, and helps the skin become more absorbent by removing dead skin, dirt, and debris.
It is recommended that you get someone else to massage your body. But there are ways to massage yourself. We recommend using your fists, elbows, and fingers.
Does CBD oil work for a massage?
There are several ways to use CBD products for a massage. You may invest in massage oils or add a few drops of CBD oil to a massage product of choice.
What to remember:
- The CBD experience is not uniform. Consequently, experiment with different concentrations and doses to find what suits you.
- CBD massages offer the same benefits as regular massages and more as explained above.
- There is no standard guideline on how often you should get a massage. Consequently, you may get a CBD oil massage as often as you wish.
- If you have an underlying condition, a doctor or physiotherapist is best suited to recommend the type of massage and how often you should get it. Remember, massaging an injury may cause more problems than it solves.
What type of CBD massage is best?
All types of massages, if done right, are good for the mind and body. We recommend:
- Scalp massage. If you work in an office or high-pressure environment, you need a scalp massage at least twice a month. Massaging CBD oil for 10 to 20 minutes will improve circulation, lower heart rate, and improve scalp health.
- Deep tissue massage. Stress, depression, and anxiety will stiffen muscles, kill confidence, and cause numerous health issues. A deep tissue massage targets deep layers of muscles and connective tissues. It helps to improve or restore function, and can manage or prevent pain.
- Full body massage. When highly stressed, you need a full body massage. A full body massage promotes relaxation and sleep, and may help you connect with your partner.
CBD oil massages: are there any risks or warnings?
Conditions including fractures, open wounds, bleeding disorders, cancer, and osteoporosis can be exacerbated by a massage if not done right. Consequently, if you have an underlying ailment, it is best to get a second opinion from a healthcare provider.
You want to avoid motions or acts that will cause pain or worsen the condition.
You want to consult a professional if:
- Blood clots run in the family. Loose blood clots can cause a heart attack.
- Have a serious medical condition, including cancer.
- You develop pain or discomfort after a massage.
In general, seek immediate medical care if (1) you lose consciousness during a massage. (2) experience breathing difficulties or chest pain.